Magpi allows users to export their form design to a Microsoft Word document, with the choice of two formats:
- code book -- This format contains all information about the form including skip patterns, data variable names and codes. This is useful for form design and collaboration.
- field-ready -- This format can be used as a backup for data collection in the field with minimal or no editing: it contains all the questions and instructions required for the field data collectors.
To get either of these formats, go to the Design tab for the form and click "Export Word". More specifically:
- Log into www.magpi.com
- Click on the Forms link at the top of the screen (if you are not already looking at your Forms dashboard)
- Click on the form which you'd like to export to Word
- Click Open
- When the form is opened, click on the Design tab
- Click on "Export Word"
Those steps will produce the following dialog box:
and you can then choose the format you would like.