Thanks for subscribing to Magpi!
What would you like to use Magpi for? Here are some possibilities:
Collecting data in the field using our mobile apps
To be successful in mobile data collection, be sure to:
- Test your forms – NEVER go to the field without extensively testing your form WELL IN ADVANCE of your field activity
- Choose capable hardware and test it – NEVER go to the field without testing your form on the same kind of device that will be used in the field, WELL IN ADVANCE of your field activity. Longer forms require more memory, which usually means a more expensive phone. We recommend that you purchase a device with at least 2GB RAM, at least 16GB of storage, and that is at least capable of 3G data speeds (longer, more complex forms will require more RAM). WE DO NOT SUPPORT RUNNING MAGPI APPS ON ANY DEVICES THAT DO NOT MEET THESE SPECIFICATIONS (but Magpi SMS & IVR, below, work on any phone).
- Don't share passwords – Like almost every computer system, Magpi is designed so that each user logs in with their own, unique userid and password. Sharing userids/passwords can often lead to problems like deleted or changed forms – and no one knows who did it because everyone is using the same identification to log in.
- Backup your data – You should always backup your data, whether automatically (for Pro and Enterprise users) or manually by exporting a data file to txt or xlsx.
Collecting data using SMS
Magpi provides two distinct ways to collect data using SMS from any mobile phone:
- structured SMS – with structured SMS, all answers on a form are sent in one, single SMS message. This is best for simple data.
- interactive SMS (iSMS) – iSMS allows collection of complex data from the field in a series of back-and-forth SMS messages that can include skip logic and range checks.
Collecting data using Chat
Magpi Chat allows you to send an invite to a potential respondent by email or SMS. The invite contains a link. When the link is clicked, the device browser will open and display the form questions.
This enables Magpi data collection on any device with a browser: phone (even non-smart phone), laptop, desktop, or tablet, and without the per-message charges of SMS data collection. Learn more.
Collecting data using voice!
Magpi has IVR (interactive voice response) data collection to allow you to collect data from any phone using voice. Read more.
Connecting your Magpi data to other systems using Zapier
Zapier is an inexpensive online tool that enables Magpi Enterprise users to automatically flow data into or out of Magpi, without programming. For example, you can easily have your Magpi data copied to a Google Sheet, or to a MySQL database. Or you can trigger messages, reminders, emails, and other events, depending on the content of your Magpi data. Read more.
Creating reports and visualizing your data with Magpi
Magpi now allows you to create live online reports that can combine Magpi data along with data from other web applications (like Salesforce or Google). Read more about Magpi Reports, view a sample, or watch our introductory video.
Learn more about the amazing things that other Magpi users are doing in global health, conservation, the solar industry, disaster response, human rights, and more at our Uses page.
Note: to review or update your account or billing information, log into magpi.com and click on your username link.