In August 2017, Magpi moved to integrate Dropbox as our hosting engine for photos (and other image data, such as signatures) collected using Magpi forms. With the new Dropbox photo integration, you can still see a link to each of your photos in the Magpi data file — just as before – but that linkis to a file in your own Dropbox account, rather than to a file on Magpi's servers. As a result, you can
- securely view and organize your Magpi photos on the Dropbox website (see image below) OR on your desktop or laptop computer or using the Dropbox Android or iOS apps
- back up your Magpi photos automatically
- securely share some or all of your photos with others
- much more easily download groups of photos (or all of them)
This process involves:
- Setting up a dropbox account. Find instructions here.
- Adding your Dropbox settings to your Magpi account.
You'll only need to go through this process once, to create the connection between Magpi and Dropbox. After doing this, newly uploaded images are automatically be sent to your dropbox account, and a link automatically created for them in your form's database on Magpi.
Important: previously existing forms with images will not be affected.