To collect photos with Magpi requires a paid Magpi subscription, and a Dropbox account (free or paid). Your Magpi-collected photos will be stored in your Dropbox account.
Before connecting Magpi with Dropbox, please follow these two requirements
- If you do not already have a Dropbox account, start by creating one. This will be the account linked to Magpi where all your account's images will be stored. Find instructions on how to create a Magpi account here.
- Have a Magpi Pro /Enterprise account where you will set up your image server.
Step 1: Getting started
When designing a form, the first time you select the image question type, a prompt will appear asking you to link your Dropbox account. Click the 'Link to Dropbox' button. This will lead you to the setup section of your Magpi account settings page.
Step 2: Get your Dropbox link
In your account settings page, open the 'API' view,
Scroll down to the Dropbox Settings area and select the 'Get your dropbox link'. The link will be generated from your Dropbox account.
Step 3: Allow Magpi access to your Dropbox
You will be prompted to allow Magpi access to your Dropbox before getting your Dropbox code. Select Allow.
Step 4: Copy the provided code by Dropbox and paste it in the Dropbox setting under your Magpi account
- Once you have allowed Magpi access to your dropbox, a code will be provided.
- Copy this code and paste it to your Dropbox settings in Magpi.
- After the code has been saved, a message will be displayed indicating that your account has been linked.
Once your account has been linked, a new folder will be created in your Dropbox where all your Magpi images will be saved.
The folder has the path /App/Magpi-Mobile.
Please note: This folder should not be edited or deleted. If you do edit or delete it, it will disrupt the operation of your Magpi photos, and might affect your data. You can, however, download or link to the photos stored on Dropbox without disturbing your Magpi operations.
Unlinking your Magpi account from dropbox
First thing you should know about disconnecting your account from dropbox is that once your account is unlinked from your dropbox account:
- Forms with already existing image questions will revert to saving images on Magpi's server
- When a new image question is created, a user is prompted to link a dropbox account where new images will henceforth be saved
To disconnect a your Magpi account from a dropbox account:
- Log in to your Dropbox account and open your Settings page.
- Go to the Security view under account settings.
- Scroll down all the way to the 'Apps linked' section and remove access by clicking the 'x' symbol from the linked app.
- Leave this checkbox 'I want to keep this app's files in the folder named Magpi-Mobile.' selected and select un-install.
- You dropbox account will be unlinked.
If a form name is changed on a Magpi's form's design page, the original form name is retained in dropbox. This should however not affect image sync. Your photos will still be synced to the original dropbox folder name.