This process allows you to import data using both the .xlsx and .txt format.
To import your data:
- Open the form you want to upload data to and go to the data view
- Click on the 'import' link in the data view
- This will bring up a pop-up to allow import. Select the file from the location it's stored then click the 'upload' button to import the data.
- Your file will be imported successfully and immediately reflect in your form's database.
Trouble shooting data import issues
- Do not edit the column headings (the first row in the data set, in bold in the image below), which are the data field names. You may edit the data, but cannot edit the data field names.
- If you run into the error "The excel file does not have a name matching the form name hh_sample" it is likely that either your online form name was modified or the exported file name was. To fix this issue, ensure that both names match.
- If while importing you get an error "the number *** is not an integer", check that numbers entered in integer columns are formatted as whole numbers. To fix this:
(a.) Right click on the integer column in excel and select 'format cell'. (b.) Select the 'number' format, and enter '0' decimal places and Select 'OK' this should fix it.
For any other issues you might come across while importing your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We're happy to help you through it.