Magpi has released a new version of our mobile app for Android and iOS (see screenshots, below), called Magpi+ (pronounced "Magpi Plus"). Our previous iOS and Android apps will continue to be available under the "Magpi" name, with the new app available under the "Magpi+" name in the iOS app store and the Google Play store.
We know you'll find the Magpi+ app to be easier, more intuitive, and a real step forward. Below you'll find an intro video, and here are some other resources to help you:
- Magpi+ Quick Start Guide (français | español) shows how to start entering data on the mobile app, and to save it
- New question types in Magpi+ including signature, ranking, and barcode reader
- Magpi+ data synchronization
- Magpi+ settings and menus
- Improved GPS questions in Magpi+
- Invalid answers in Magpi+
- The form list in Magpi+
- Skip logic in Magpi+
- Required questions in Magpi+
- Radio button versus dropdown questions in Magpi+
- Read a blog post announcing Magpi+
- Download the Android version of Magpi+ at Google Play
- Download the iOS version of Magpi+ at the App Store
The mobile app currently is available in English, French, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish. Please let us know if you'd like to help us translate the app into another language.
System Configuration and RAM memory – Magpi requires a mobile device that is running a recent version of the operating system, with a minimum of 2GB of RAM memory. WE DO NOT SUPPORT ANY DEVICES THAT DO NOT MEET THESE SPECIFICATIONS. As with any computer program, Magpi will run faster if the device running it has more RAM memory, and as with any computer system, longer and more complex forms will require more RAM memory. Android users must be running Android 4.4 (KitKat) or later.
Also, while we continue to work to improve Magpi+, here is a list of features not yet supported.